If you are like most people, you will want your car to perform as effectively and reliably as possible. This is because when a car performs well, it will last longer. Fortunately, there are car performance upgrades that can improve the operation of the car by a lot. So how can you improve the performance of your car? There are a couple of ways you can achieve this.
- Does oil change affect performance? Absolutely! Getting frequent oil changes with high-quality oil will improve the car’s performance.
- Buy better tires so that you have tires that allow your car to drive better.
- Another thing you can do is buy lightweight wheels. Heavy wheels can weigh down your car; lightweight wheels can fix this issue.
- You can also replace the exhaust so that you can have better airflow.
- Brakes are a huge part of your car and a great way to better the performance is by getting new brake pads.
- Remove extra junk from your car like books, shoes, clothes, or other things that add more weight in your car.
- The best way to ensure that your car is performing the way that it should is by getting routine care maintenance.
Performance Upgrades for Your Car
Sure there are things that you can do to your car to get better performance, but there are top car performance upgrades that include parts. These car parts can make your car drive and perform a lot more efficiently. There are quite a few and each of them will do different things to increase the function of your car.
- Cold-Air Intake: What does a cold air intake do to your car? The cold air intake is able to add cold air to the engine and increase airflow so that your engine is able to perform a lot more smoothly, which in turn makes the whole care operate better.
- Strut Bars: Strut bars are used to make your car drive more efficiently by distributing weight evenly in your car. When you turn, your car can sometimes add too much weight to one side, which will mess with the handling. The strut bars prevent this from happening and ensure that both tires are on the road at all times.
- Anti-Roll Bar: A great way to ensure the performance of your car is great and also safe is by installing an anti-roll bar or sway bar. This bar will prevent your car from doing a body roll and ensure that you have better handling.
- Spark Plugs: Do you want better power and a decrease in how much fuel you are using? Consider replacing your spark plugs! That might not seem like a huge thing, but since spark plugs deliver the current to ignite the fuel which gets the engine to start up. They wear out over time, so getting them replaced can definitely be one of the best car performance upgrades.
- Bushings: A lot of people don’t really think bushings are that necessary, but if your suspension is continually vibrating, that can really affect the performance of your car. This is why having bushings installed can improve your suspension, thus improve your car’s performance.
Car Engine Horsepower Vs Torque
When we talk about the performance of a car’s engine, we usually use the terms horsepower and torque. Both torque and horsepower are used to measure different things, torque is the measure of force that an engine uses, whereas horsepower is the measure of work a car does over a stretch of time. People always want to know which is better, but that all depends on what you want your car to do. If you are looking to go fast, you want more horsepower, but if you want more power then torque is what you will need.
People who are looking for more horsepower will ask, “How can I add more horsepower to my car?” the answer is that you will need to add a couple of components to your car to get more horsepower. This will include installing cold air intake, a chipset, cat-back exhaust system, exhaust headers, forced induction system, and a high-flow catalytic converter. Another thing that people will ask is, “Will upgrading fuel injectors increase horsepower?” and the answer is yes because it is able to control the airflow in the engine.
A lot of people who want better horsepower assume that they need to upgrade their car engine, and will ask “How do I upgrade my car engine?” The simplest thing you can do to upgrade your car’s engine is by getting tune-ups, install a cold air intake, and getting a higher flowing exhaust. If you want to make your car’s exhaust louder, it will require the installation of a muffler, but that isn’t seen as car performance upgrades. Talking to custom exhaust experts in Phoenix, AZ about a muffler might be a good idea just to see if it’s the best thing for your car. If you are looking for auto repair service in Dallas, TX, please call K3S Auto Repair at (817) 554-3183. We can help you with any type of car service that you need.